Information We May Collect
We collect two main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services: (1) information from or about you or your devices; (2) information from or about your NodeOne device; and Depending on the Vuga products and services you request, own, or use, not all of these types of information may be applicable to you.
From or about you or your devices
We may collect information from or about you (such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail, payment information, driver’s license or other government identification information) or your devices in a variety of ways, including:
▪ Through our Digital Services: We may collect information from or about you through our websites, software applications, social media pages, e-mail messages, or other digital services (the “Digital Services”), e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, or register your product with us.
▪ Through credit applications and other forms: We may collect additional information from you or others on your behalf on our credit application and other forms to support our product lease or other financing offerings, such as date of birth, Social Security number, bank routing information, and credit related information. We also receive information about you from consumer reporting agencies such as credit history and capacity.
▪ From other sources: We also may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, certified installers, third-party NodeOne repair or service centers, and social media platforms.
▪ Vuga Account: Customers who purchase certain Vuga products will receive a Vuga Account, which is hosted on our website. We may collect and process the following types of data for your Vuga Account that you elect to provide to us: your customer registration information; the status of your order; warranty and other documentation for your Vuga products; and general information about your Vuga products (including, for example, service plan information, or connectivity package), financing agreements, and similar information. You can access your Vuga Account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
▪ Offline: We may collect information from or about you offline, such as when you visit a our Office or repair facility, attend one of our events, sign up for a testing, place an order over the phone, or contact our customer service or sales department.
▪ Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Digital Services (such as the NodeOne App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Digital Services function properly.
▪ Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Digital Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Digital Services (including e-mail recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Digital Services and response rates.
▪ You can learn about Google’s practices in connection with this information collection and how to opt out of it by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at .
From or about your NodeOne device
We may collect a variety of information from or about your NodeOne devices, including:
▪ Remote analysis data: We may be able to dynamically connect to NodeOne to diagnose and resolve issues with it, and this process may result in access to personal settings in the NodeOne (browsing history. This dynamic connection also enables us to view the current location of your NodeOne, but such access is restricted to a limited number of personnel within Vuga.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, to provide and improve our products and services, and for the purposes listed below:
To communicate with you
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, including:
▪ To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or product information, information alerts, information about events, or brochures.
▪ To set up, evaluate, and provide feedback regarding your NodeOne test, a home visit by one of our advisers, or the installation of your NodeOne.
▪ To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding our products and services, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
▪ To present products and offers tailored to you and to enhance our lists with information from other sources.
▪ To allow you to participate in contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
▪ To facilitate social sharing and communications functionality.
Your communication choices:
▪ Receiving electronic communications from us or our affiliates: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from us or our affiliates, you may opt out of receiving them by following the opt-out instructions in any marketing e-mail received from us or by contacting us at the address below. Please note that we may still send you important administrative and safety messages even if you opt out of receiving marketing e-mails.
▪ Receiving marketing-related calls from us: If you receive a marketing-related call from us and do not want to receive similar calls in the future, simply ask to be placed on our “do not call” list. Please note that we may still call you regarding administrative, safety, or product service issues even if you opt out of receiving marketing calls.
To provide and improve our products and services
We may use information we collect to provide and improve our products and services, including:
▪ To complete and fulfill your purchase, e.g., to process your payments, fulfill your requests for product financing, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, and provide you with related customer service.
▪ To provide service to your Vuga product, such as to contact you with service recommendations and to deliver over-the-air updates to your product.
▪ To monitor your Vuga product’s performance and provide services related to your product.
▪ To develop and promote new products and services, and to improve or modify our existing products and services.
▪ To analyze and improve the safety and security of our products and services.
▪ To deliver any other services you have requested.
For other purposes
We also may use information we collect for other purposes, including:
▪ For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
▪ Except as described above and below, Vuga may use or share information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, such as for operational or research purposes, for industry analysis, to improve or modify our products and services, to better tailor our products and services to your needs, and where legally required.
How We May Share Information We Collect
We may share information we collect with our service providers and business partners, with other third parties you authorize, with other third parties when required by law, and in other circumstances. Examples of how we share information with these parties and under these circumstances are provided below.
With our service providers and business partners
We may share information with our service providers and business partners when necessary to perform services on our or on your behalf, such as in the following circumstances:
▪ With our third party service providers and channel partners to provide services such as website hosting, data analysis and storage, payment processing, order fulfillment and product installation, wireless connectivity to Tesla products, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, product design, product diagnostics, maintenance or related services, e-mail delivery, credit card processing, auditing, marketing, voice command processing, and other similar services.
▪ With other third party business partners to the extent that they are involved in the purchase, lease, or service of your Vuga products. We share limited information from or about you or your Vuga products to allow you to take advantage of those services if you elect to utilize them, with such partners as finance, leasing, registration, title companies, electric utilities, permitting authorities and insurance companies.
With other third parties you authorize
We may share information with other third parties you authorize, such as in the following circumstances:
▪ With our certified installers, where we do not directly sell you the energy products that you have requested, or with third party utilities or energy services companies, where you have agreed to allow them to monitor or control your energy product.
▪ With third party service centers or providers, if you choose to utilize them. Note that some information about you is stored on certain Vuga products and may be accessible directly to the third party service centers or providers that you choose to utilize to diagnose or service your Tesla product.
▪ With third-party sponsors of contests and similar promotions, if you elect to participate.
With other third parties when required by law
Vuga may transfer and disclose information, including information that may or may not personally identify you, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation (including, but not limited to, subpoenas); when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our products and services, Vuga parties, visitors, or the public, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
In other circumstances
We may share information in other circumstances, such as:
▪ With your employer or other fleet operator or the owner of the Vuga product, if you do not directly own it and as authorized under applicable law.
▪ With a third party in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We do not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes unless you opt in to that sharing.
If you wish to opt out of any processing of information for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent, you may do so by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Cross Border Transfers
Rights and Choices
As detailed in the sections above, we give you many choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of information from or about you or your use of our products or services. These include:
▪ Configuring your browser to decline or accept cookies.
▪ Opting out of analytics tools.
▪ Opting out of certain electronic communications or promotional calls.
▪ Disabling the collection of telematics log data from your device.
▪ Enabling or disabling the collection and sharing of certain data to support advanced features in your device.
▪ Opting out of other types of data processing for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent.
This section further explains the rights and choices that may apply depending on your jurisdiction.
In certain jurisdictions you may have the rights to request access to and receive information about certain information we maintain about you; update and correct inaccuracies in that information; have the information restricted or deleted; object or withdraw your consent to certain uses of information; and lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. You may also have the right to data portability with regard to the data you provided to us. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law.
You have several methods to exercise your rights, including:
▪ You can access your Vuga Account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
▪ If you would like to exercise your rights in relation to information from or about you, you may contact us at the address below.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have the information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of the information that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, or we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping or legal compliance purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
If you sell or transfer your Tesla product to another person, please notify us so that we can determine whether additional steps are required to help safeguard information from or about you from disclosure to the purchaser or transferee of the Tesla product.
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that these individuals not provide any information to Vuga.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, or wireless service provider, including any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our software applications or social media pages.
Updates to this Policy
How to Contact Us
To contact us with a question or comment, to opt out from certain services, or to ask about your ability to exercise your privacy rights described above, please contact us:
▪ via e‐mail at ;
Please note that e-mail communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your e-mails to us.
Copyright 2019 Vuga, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files and their arrangement on Vuga, Inc. internet sites are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted. Some Vuga, Inc. internet sites also contain material that is subject to the copyright rights of their providers.
All prices specified are recommended retail prices. Prices are current at the time of publication and subject to change without notice.
Unless otherwise indicated, all marks displayed on Vuga, Inc. internet sites are subject to the trademark rights of Vuga, Inc., including, but not limited to, model name plates and corporate logos and emblems.
Vuga, Inc. strives to achieve innovative and informative internet sites. Vuga, Inc. hopes that you will be as enthusiastic as we are about this creative effort. However, Vuga, Inc. must protect its intellectual property, including its patents, trademarks and copyrights. Accordingly, please be on notice that neither these internet sites, nor any material contained therein shall in any way grant or be taken to grant any person a license to Vuga, Inc.'s intellectual property.
Cautions Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Internet pages, investor relations releases, outlooks, presentations, audio and video files of events (live or recorded) and other documents on these internet sites contain among other things forward-looking statements that reflect management's current views with respect to future events. The words "anticipate", "assume", "believe", "estimate", "expect", "intend", "may", "plan", "project" and "should" and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. Such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to: changes in currency exchange rates, interest rates and in raw material prices; introduction of competing products; increased sales incentives; and decline in resale prices of used vehicles.
No Warranties Or Representations
THE INFORMATION ON THESE INTERNET SITES IS PROVIDED BY VUGA, INC. "AS IS" AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT. WHILE THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS BELIEVED TO BE ACCURATE, IT MAY INCLUDE ERRORS OR INACCURACIES.
THESE INTERNET SITES MAY CONTAIN LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES WHICH ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF VUGA, INC. THEREFORE WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY LINKED SITE. VUGA, INC. IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE, AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY VUGA, INC. OF THE LINKED SITE.
Payment Terms for Services
These Terms of Service describe your agreement to pay for future services and charges. Vuga may amend these terms and any changes are effective when posted to this page.
The services or charges described below may result in charges to you, even if someone else is using your vehicle. Vuga may collect payment from you, including by using the credit card saved in your Vuga Account. Charges may include taxes as required by law. You will be able to review a summary of transactions in your Vuga Account. If we are unable to collect payment, we may contact you based on your information on file, or may request payment when we are performing services for you. If you do not pay past due amounts we may limit or block your vehicle's ability to use the related services until payment issues are resolved. For information on how we handle your credit card information, please see our .
Human Rights And Conflict Minerals Policy
Vuga expects our suppliers to conduct their worldwide operations in responsible manner in adherence of this policy and the principles enumerated herein. Vuga works collaboratively with our suppliers to encourage compliance with the following principles:
Legal And Regulatory Compliance
Vuga suppliers are to ensure their operations and the products and services supplied to Vuga comply with all national and other applicable laws and regulations.
Vuga's suppliers are expected to use reasonable efforts to ensure that parts and products supplied to Vuga are DRC "conflict-free," meaning that such conflict minerals do not benefit armed groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Conflict-free means such parts and supplies do not contain metals derived from "conflict minerals" which are defined as:
wolframite (tungsten); and
any derivatives of the above.
The goal of this policy is to ensure that Vuga's products do not directly or indirectly finance or benefit armed groups through mining or mineral trading in the DRC and adjoining countries. Vuga requires its suppliers to establish policies, due diligence frameworks, and management systems, consistent with the , that are designed to accomplish this goal. Vuga expects its suppliers to stay up-to-date with and to use validated conflict free smelters and refiners assessed by the and similar organizations.
Vuga is committed to ensuring that its suppliers do not use slave or child labor or engage in human trafficking. Vuga does not, and will not, tolerate the use of slave or child labor in the manufacture of its products and does not, and will not, accept products or services from suppliers that engage in human trafficking in any form. Human trafficking, child labor and slavery are crimes under state, federal and international law. These crimes exist in countries throughout the world.
Vuga will do the following to ensure compliance by its suppliers with this policy as required by law and as needed:
▪ Evaluate its supply chain to address risks related to conflict minerals, human trafficking, slavery and child labor;
▪ Audit suppliers, to evaluate supplier compliance with Vuga’s Human Rights and Conflict Minerals Policy;
▪ Require direct suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into Vuga products comply with the laws regarding conflict minerals, slavery, child labor and human trafficking of the country or countries in which they are doing business;
▪ Discipline employees or contractors, including potential termination of contract, who fail to meet Vuga's Human Rights and Conflict Minerals Policy;
▪ Train certain Vuga employees regarding conflict minerals, human trafficking, child labor and slavery, particularly with respect to mitigating risks within the Vuga's supply chain;
▪ Investigate if Vuga has a reasonable basis to believe that a Vuga supplier is engaging in human trafficking, slave or child labor, or use of conflict minerals; and
▪ Transition away from purchasing goods or services from any supplier that is believed to be engaging in human trafficking, slave or child labor, or use of conflict minerals if the supplier does not take corrective actions within a reasonable period of time.